Monday, June 18, 2007

Zero to Mess in Sixty Seconds Flat!

Mara and Emily were painting peacefully the other day. They both had paintbrushes and neat little puddles of about six different colors of paint on their paper plates. They were dipping their little brushes gently into the paint and creating gorgeous works of art. Becca started getting a little fussy. I realized it was time for her morning nap so I left the big girls at the kitchen table painting while I went to lay her down for her nap. So it probably takes me about 20 seconds to go up the stairs...maybe 10 seconds to lay Becca down....and another 20 seconds to go back down the stairs. Let's see, that's 20 + 20 + 10 = 50 seconds. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say 60 seconds. That's one minute later, and I return to this....
She not only decided to finger paint, but it looks like she decided to 'wash her hands' in the paint. Look at that face though. How in the world could I do anything but smile back, tell her how pretty her picture is, and clean up the mess!

Carrie

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I tagged you for a meme. These things are so silly, so I won't be mad if you have no time to do it! Your girls are so precious! Have I said that lately!