Friday, January 23, 2009

I must be in one of those Lost time warps...

...because there is no way that it has been two entire weeks since I have posted.

The real reason though is that life has just gotten in the way. We've been incredible busy...running from this meeting to that meeting, this birthday party to that birthday party, and this doctor's appointment to that doctor's appointment.

I am also not a worrier but am experiencing a whole new world of worry for this new baby. I miscarried last time around 16 weeks so the last couple of weeks have been tough. I did go to the doctor this week though and got to hear the baby's heartbeat fill the room at 162 beats per minute (sounding like another girl!). All three of the girls have also had Fifth's disease which is not a big deal for them but pretty bad for an unborn baby. I found out this week that I have an immunity to Fifth's disease so all is well with that too. Now only eleven more days until the ultrasound where we'll find out we're having another girl!

The busyness and lack of blogging lately has got me thinking about why I blog though. I have made some incredible friends that I never would have met outside of this blogging world, but the main reason I blog is to remember. I love that I have a 'scrapbook' (my real life friends have just gasped knowing how much I hate scrap booking) of sorts of this time in my life. God has blessed us immensely with these three gorgeous and hilarious little people. Although life with three preschool children is pretty tough some days, it is too sweet all of the time. Time is going WAY too fast and I know I'll forget this season of my life all too soon. How fun will this blog be to read when I'm sixty and have grown children and grandchildren on the way? Yep, that's why I blog!

So with all of that said, let's just pretend that I've not been gone for two weeks, and your google reader has been full of lots of memories from the Three Girl Circus!

Oh, and I have to confess that I totally did not learn Motherhood Lesson #389 cause I changed a poopy diaper again yesterday...with a scarf on!

Carrie

4 comments:

Deb said...

I'm glad to hear that everything's going well! We had Fifth's Disease a couple of years ago - definitely not fun. Thank goodness for the immunity though so baby #4 will be ok.

Thanks for the update, take care of yourself and those three (soon to be four) gorgeous girls! :)

Heidi said...

Girl...I know...I even double-checked my feed on igoogle a few days ago just to make sure I hadn't missed anything from you. You know, I pray for you everyday.

ginny said...

Glad you're back! You have to flip that scarf around to your back with diaper changes :)

Screen Doors Aurora said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, thanks.