Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sell Out

We went to see the new Veggie Tales movie last weekend.

First of all, the girls loved it. Their momma....not so much!

The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am.

We are huge Veggie Tales fans and own every video they've ever made. I love how they teach the bible to my girls in their way out there, non-conventional, kid-friendly ways.

That was exactly what I was expecting from this new movie.

But sadly, Veggie Tales has sold out to the lets be good, do the right thing, and maybe infer a little about God every now and then crowd.

I don't want my girls to be good, I want them to be Godly. And I don't want them to sell out like Big Idea has.

So.....It is a good, light-hearted movie that the kids will love, but don't expect any more values from this new Veggie Tales movie than you'll get from any Disney movie.

Carrie

2 comments:

ginny said...

How disappointing! I heard someone else expressing displeasure with this Veggie Tales movie. Thanks for the (non)recommendation.

Ronnica said...

I had a seminary prof tell me that someone he knew said that he'd rather have his children watch Desperate Housewives than Veggie Tales, because at least that way they wouldn't be taught that the Bible is simply a moral book. While obviously that is an exaggerration, he has a point. Veggie Tales teach Bible stories, but I have yet to see one where they point to Christ.