Monday, September 10, 2007

My goose is cooked!

My blog has been quiet this weekend because I was at the Deeper Still conference. And let me tell you, my toes are still sore from being stepped on, and my goose is so totally cooked I'm not sure you'd even recognize it as goose anymore!

Needless to say it was fab-u-lous.

I had never read or heard anything from Priscilla Shirer but fell in love with her this weekend. She encouraged me this weekend to know whose I am and who I am. I am anointed just like David was anointed king. With this anointing I can expect opposition, access to God, specific and divine directions from God and super-natural results. So am I living in that anointing? Accessing that spirit and living beyond myself? My goose was getting pretty warm.

Then Beth Moore gets up there and was ALL up in my face! God wants to bring me so far that it HAS to be God in my life. If He made my life managable, I would just manage it! In order to allow God to do that, I have to move past my devistation with God ('unanswered' prayers, anger, fear, circumstances, etc.) return to whole-hearted obedience and have the courage to see the fullfilment of God's promises for me. Whoo Hoo! I want so much for God to bring me so far that others say, "Wow, that has to be God in Carrie's life." So now my goose is not only warm but starting to roast.

Then Kay Arthur gets up there and talks about crossroads in our lives and sin. Let me just say, praise God for that grace she concluded her talk with. Now is when my goose is totally burned you can't even recognize it anymore.

This post is getting way longer than I thought it would be, but I'm just so excited about the rema word God gave me this weekend. And I didn't even say anything about the awesome worship time from Anthony Evans, Travis Cottrell, and hold your breath...Mandisa!

Priscilla, Beth, and Kay were fabulous. Anthony, Travis, and Mandisa were amazing. But the coolest thing....God showed up just for me!

Carrie

1 comment:

ginny said...

"If He made my life managable, I would just manage it!" is something I know, but really needed to hear tonight. Thanks for passing it on.