Saturday, May 5, 2007

I don't think she's getting it.

Emily has been potty training for a little over a week now. She woke up last Tuesday and decided that she didn't want to wear a diaper and told me about it very loudly and with lots of drama. She's been doing fabulous with only a couple of accidents and has even told me everyday when she has to poopy. I was thinking, "Wow I must be really good at potty training. Just call me the potty training guru! Need your child potty trained? Just drop him/her off at my house for two weeks and pick them up potty trained!" Ooooo, a business venture. I could call it The Three-Girl Circus Potty School. "For only $100 a day your child can be a pottying genius too!"

A couple of days ago she had a really big accident (the get your feet wet kind of accidents). She came running to me with a huge grin on her face saying, "I did it! I pottied! I did it!" I didn't make a big deal out of it and just talked to her while she was sitting on the potty that big girls potty on the big potty and not in their panties.

So we've had a couple more successful days but this morning she comes running to me again saying, "I did it!"....well you can just re-read the previous paragraph to know what happened again.

Don't you just love it when reality hits you in the face! I'm still VERY proud of her and she's doing great, but I'm definitely no potty training guru. I'm in it for the long haul though; we are NOT going back to diapers. Ya'll just keep reminding me that in the weeks to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there a friend discount for the potty training school? Don't forget their is the aim issue for some of us . . .