Saturday, August 15, 2009

There it goes flying again.

My little girl is a Kindergartner. Can. Not. Believe. It.

Monday was registration day when we got to meet her teacher for the first time. Here's Mara with her teacher...
She is very sweet, warm, caring, motherly, etc....makes the transition for this momma a little easier!

After meeting Ms. Cockrell and hanging out in her room for a little while, we got to go on a Mommy date. I don't get to spend much alone time with the girls so this was a real treat. (Nana had Emily, Becca, and Sam...Sam screamed most of the morning and Becca Sue got two time-outs from Nana....so thanks just doesn't seem a good enough word to say to Nana!)

We started out at Starbucks to talk about where else we wanted to go...
She got her very own Mocha Frappuccino!
She decided that she wanted to go shopping so we went to the dollar store to pick out some cheap toys. Then ended the morning at Chuck E. Cheese...as much as I hate that place, I really had a blast with my girl. She talked, and talked, and talked, and talked. I needed a nap when we were done!

The only problem now is figuring out how to keep time from flying so fast!

Up next is first day of school pictures...

Carrie

3 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks like you gals had an incredible day together! So special. I can't believe they've grown up so fast either!

Rachel said...

What fun! Last year was our first 'off to school' this year since the move we've decided to homeschool. Dear Lord help please. :)

Jessica said...

So fun! I LOVE the pic at SBUX with the frap! I can't believe she is in Kindergarten!!!