Tuesday, March 24, 2009

sleep: (v.) to take the rest...

...afforded by a suspension of voluntary bodily functions and the natural suspension, complete or partial, of consciousness, cease being awake.

Can someone please come an explain to my children exactly what sleep is and how it is best practiced at night?

I'm on night three of no sleep and this mamma is about to reach the breaking point.

And it's spring break...we're supposed to be enjoying the fabulous spring weather together.

So to my children: Let's get some sleep tonight...and for today, let's just chill-out, stop arguing and fighting and start at least pretending that we're enjoying each others' company before your mama goes OFF THE DEEP END!

(oops, I think that was just the deep end. Oh well, at least everyone knows me here...and knows to leave me alone!)

Edited to add: Oh, but at least Mandisa's new album came out today so I'm grooving to some amazing new music while I'm off the deep end!

Carrie

No comments: