Friday, September 19, 2008

Dear Anonymous Commenter,

First of all, I deleted your comment because if you are too ashamed to add your name to your words then I don't really want to hear your words.

Secondly, since you've obviously never dealt with infertility, I invite you to read this post from Rocks In My Dryer yesterday. It perfectly describes what those of us dealing with infertility are feeling. She also gives advice on what to say and do for people who are experiencing infertility.

I'd like to add a don't to her list....don't leave anonymous comments on their blog suggesting that maybe they should just relax and let God have control.

Sincerely,
An Infertile Who Forgives You

Carrie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((Carrie))))))

Rachel said...

Oh babe, I'm so sorry that someone would be mean. I can honestly say that I don't know what it feels like. My sister Mama Lily and I are both like what Gibee said, we get pregnant when we look at our husbands but my other sister, Shaggabear, has been down the same road you have for many years and she can't have any at all. I must say that I'm glad you directed your commenter to Rocks in My Dryer's post the other day. I even got some good things from it and I've been close to someone who struggles with it for the past 15 years. Our hearts go out to you. BTW...I love your pictures of your sweet girls.

Anonymous said...

My comment was not meant to offend you. I am the mother of four. My oldest died of leukemia when she was two. All I was trying to say was that, you believe in God and perhaps he is trying to steer you in a different direction, maybe adoption. I have dealt with other difficult things in my life and I have come to realize that sometimes My plan, isn't God's plan. I don't know what it is like to not be able to get pregnant, but I do know what it is like to love a child and lose them--which was not what I wanted. Thank you for your forgiveness and please accept my apology, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Sarah