Thursday, January 31, 2008

Look at the fishies.

We went to the aquarium in Chattanooga almost two weeks ago, and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. It was a fabulous short day trip and the aquarium was amazing.

Here is Emily and I petting the sting rays. They would come right up to you...almost like they liked being 'petted'. Emily was right in there and loving every minute of it.
Mara on the other hand....well, this is how she 'petted' the sting rays. She would'nt touch the fish but she was all about this snake. I don't know about that girl!
We just happened to be there at the penguins' feeding time. It was really neat to see them diving in the water after the fish.
I love these pictures of the girls' silhouettes in front of the biggest fish tank I had ever seen.

The good thing about waiting this long to blog about it though is that I don't remember any of the stressful times of that day but do remember the precious family time we got to spend together.

Carrie

4 comments:

Jessica said...

We just went in the fall and LOVED it! I can't wait to take the girls in the spring! How did you get the pictures of the aquarium to turn out so well? Ours were so bad! Also, those penguins are so amazing. There was a little boy with some disabilities and of all of us standing there watching, they stopped right in front of him and played for about 5 minutes. It was so neat! Anyways... glad you all had fun! The girls are precious, as always!

Heidi said...

Oh Carrie, the pictures are so adorable and it looks like you guys had so much fun. We'll have to plan a day trip to take the boys. We've been wanting to visit Chattanooga. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I was looking forward to the penguins and they were doing NOTHING! They could have been cardboard cutouts for all I know. Oh, well. Just reason to go back.

Deb said...

That looks like it was a fun trip! :)