Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pull-ups Work for Me

Mara will be four in just a couple of months. She's been potty-trained for over a year and a half, but for the life of me I have not been able to get her potty-trained at night.

I've tried several different things.....nothing to drink after 7pm....6pm.....5pm....nothing to drink all day (just kidding), cold turkey (I got tired of washing sheets every day), bribery, and probably a half of dozen other things. Nothing was working.

So last week, I ran out of diapers for the big girls but had some pull-ups in the closet that a friend gave me when her little girl grew out of them. They had Disney princesses on them and little flowers that disappeared if she pottied on them.

She's never worn pull-ups before so the whole concept was new to her.

Well.....six days later, we have yet to have an accident in our princess pull-ups. Every morning when she wakes up, she runs down to show me that the flowers are still on her pull-ups.

So I still can't believe that it works, but Mara wearing pull-ups at night works for me!

Oooo, maybe I can draw some flowers on her regular panties and convince her that if she potties on them they too will disappear.

Carrie

5 comments:

Deb said...

Hannah wears pull-ups at night but even princesses aren't enough to keep her dry, sadly enough. I'm glad that it works for Mara! :)

Overwhelmed! said...

My son wears pull-ups to bed but he's still not dry but I'm hoping in time that will improve.

Anonymous said...

Some kids it works, others it doesn't--my girls, ages 7 and 9 still have trouble at night. The doctor said it had to do with their allergies. My son, age 6 has been dry since he was 3. Go figure. Every kid is different.

SAHMmy Says said...

My son was potty trained for about 6 months before I took the plunge and let him go overnight in his big boy underwear. When the baby wakes up in the night, I carry my son to the potty, prop him up against the toilet (he's still pretty much asleep) and carry him back to bed. I read that this only works for older kids, but he's 3 and a half and it's kept him dry for 6 months now!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog via WFMW. Glad I did.