Friday, October 19, 2007

I. Am. Appalled.

Birth control? For middle-schoolers? No, I mean for children? Seriously...I couldn't believe it either. Read about it here.

So maybe they won't be getting pregnant, but will the government be paying for heath care from the diseases or the therapy from the emotional scars?

I tell Mara all of the time, "Who's the mommy?", when she's trying to 'rule' her little sisters. Someone needs to tell the state of Maine, "Who's the mommy?" I'm praying that the parents in Maine take a stand and take back the God-given authority in their children's lives and in their homes.

Carrie

4 comments:

Kandy Seaton Smith said...

we've been having this debate here too. Its scary really. Kids will think "hey they're saying its ok to have sex, and the pill will protect me" and no matter how many times you tell them that the pill won't protect them from diseases, etc, they are NOT going to absorb it. They're 10-12...these are kids who in many cases still play with Barbies and baby dolls. Society is saying its realistic...um no, its not. If a child that age is having sex, someone needs to be prosecuted.

Just my two bits :)

Great blog by the way :)

Brandi said...

Sad. Very sad. I am definitely not one of those freaky homeschoolers who thinks homeschooling is the only way or anything, but when I hear that sort of stuff, it just secures my decision to keep my kids home that much more!!

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely scary to think about and I have to stop and say a prayer for the families with children in the government school system. The people who are running the schools and teaching the children have no common sense whatsoever!!

ohAmanda said...

I heard about this too. You are so right--pre-marital sex that our society is PREACHING brings more than pregnancy. Good post!