Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'll take some peace and carrots please.

I was fixing lunch today when Mara came in the kitchen...
Mara: Mom, wha cha doin?
Me: I'm fixing lunch baby girl.
Mara: Wha cha fixin?
Me: Hot dogs and peas. (I know, sounds appetizing!)
Mara: Oh Mom, that's my favoritest song!
Me: What's your favorite song?
Mara: Peas.
Me: Hmmm, I don't think I know a song about peas. Why don't you sing it for me.
Mara: I've got peas like a river. I've got peas like a river. I've got peas like a river in my soul!

Carrie

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You need to send that story in to parents magazine. It would probably get published. So cute!

Anonymous said...

O.K...My day has been officially brightened by Mara!! That is an award winner...we are all cracking up back here in Ministry Services...Love ya, girl...Sharon

ginny said...

How sweet...and funny! Made me laugh out loud :)

Anonymous said...

I just love her! Thanks for sharing that with us Carrie. You made me laugh out loud too!