Thursday, May 10, 2007

Red and Yellow make Orange

Several of you have asked, "What is the Orange Conference?" So I thought I'd take a minute to tell you just a little about this new philosophy of family ministry. Just imagine a parent's influence on children as red and the church's influence on children as yellow. We should all be orange.

The church has an average of 40 hours per year with the children; whereas, parents have about 4000 hours per year. The problem is that many parents feel that it is the church's responsibility to teach their children spiritual things. But God says it's the parents' responsibility. Check out Deut. 6:4-9. So....a church will be most effective if they use their time helping to equip parents and partnering with them to teach children.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. I could probably keep typing a couple more pages, but I need to finish packing for Florida. Did you get that? FLORIDA! We're heading to the beach tomorrow night. I'm so ready....but then again I'm so not ready! I need to get physically ready as I am mentally ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. Love ya girl!